Good morning chaps. It kinda feels like the weekend was especially lengthy and that Friday was eons ago already. Now Monday is here again and I have an interesting situation in that I now have two laptops, only one of which has Microsoft office so I gotta decide which computer I want to work from. I think I will stick to my new early birthday/christmas present laptop that I got from my parents over the weekend for my work stuff and writing and keep my other laptop for general internet browsing when I’m downstairs so I don’t have to schlepp my power cables everywhere. I am kind of in love with this machine, it’s so fast I don’t expect it since my other laptop used to take ages to load a webpage and now I sat staring at the screen for a few seconds this morning before I twigged that the homepage had already loaded. The keys are really lovely to type on and they have these cool little lights around them. The monitor is also touch screen so that’s awesome 😀 except I’m probably going to have to keep cleaning it when I leave grubby fingerprints all over it. I should probably stop talking about it.
Plan of Action for the Day
1. Get showered and dressed. I think this is going to make me feel like I’m at least ready to work and not feel like such a grub sitting around in my pjs all day.
2. Finish typing up the scene I still haven’t transcribed into Scrivener so I can actually have a clue about which scene I should write next.
3. I’d like to tack up all the index cards with the scene descriptions for my novel although I probably ought to finish writing them out since I only managed 10 when I started that project.
4. I also might go and buy another set of plastic drawers to put stuff in so I don’t have piles of stuff loitering on the floor in my office making it feel untidy. It’s bad enough that there’s still a bloody clothes rail and exercise bikes clogging up some of the room without my piles of paper and notebooks that I don’t have space to tidy away.
5. Dishes need to get done as they got left out all weekend while we were in Nottingham. Bit of ironing that I could also look at.
What am I looking forward to?
Probably the fiddling about with my office getting it all spic-and-span so I can procrastinate in a tidy workspace.
What do I think I’ll find tricky?
I think number 3 is going to take a while to get done since I have something like 50 scene cards to write and it is quite time-exhaustive.
How can I work through it?
Tack up the ones I have done already and just do three or four a day until they’re all done.
What song came up first on my iPod this morning?
Lost and Found by Pretty Lights (from the Divergent movie soundtrack)
Now off to work!